Make healthy egg muffin cups out of thin slices of ham using a muffin tin. It gives a delicious, beautiful and protein-packed low carb breakfast. Though simple to make, they are elegant enough to serve to guests. Each egg comes in it’s own little cup made of baked ham.
Actually, for many, eggs are a staple food that you eat almost every day, but sometimes you can get tired of classic boiled eggs or scrambled eggs, then this is a great alternative.
The eggs bake up so nice and fluffy and the ham gets just a little crispy around the edges. Besides my suggestions regarding fillings, there´s a whole lot of other add-in flavors. Try mixing bacon crumbs, tomatoes, different hams, seasonings and onions. You can’t go wrong.
Healthy egg muffin cups in smoked ham container
- Muffin tin
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices very lean ham
- 4 tsp shredded cheese of your choice
- 4 tsp leek
- cayenne optional
- tabasco optional
- Heat the oven to 200 C°/390 F° degrees. Grease muffin pan with butter/olive oil
- Place individual ham slices over each muffin cup and gently press down in the middle until a cup shape forms.Crack each egg into a ham lined cup plus add some saltSprinkle each egg with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese.Sprinkle each egg with 1 tablespoon of fine cut leek.Sprinkle any optional seasonings over the top, tabasco/cayenne
- Preparation ready. Now bake for around15 minutes or until done to your desired firmness.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 1 minute before removing the eggs from the muffin tin. When done, use a fork to gently remove each ham cup and serve.Cuisine-tastic!