This refreshing shrimps with apple, horseradish and fennel salad is perfect for quick lunch or easy weeknight dinner. It packs lots of flavours and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Raw fennel is crisp and tasty, a perfect complement to sweet apples and the additional crispiness from the radishes.
It’s light yet satiating and very nourishing.
This salad doesn’t sit well, so avoid making it too far in advance. While the lemon juice will delay the apple from browning too quickly, I wouldn’t recommend making this salad more than 30 minutes in advance.
Shrimps with apple, horseradish and fennel
- 250 g shrimps
- 2 apple Pink Lady-type
- 2 dl crème fraiche
- 1.5 tbsp horseradish grated
- ½ fennel thinly sliced
- 4 radishes
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 cress garnish
- 5 sugar snap peas garnish, cut in stripes
- salt & black pepper to taste
- cayenne to taste
- Cut the fennel and radishes into very thin slices, preferable with a mandoline.Put the slices in ice cold water until crispy.
- Save half an apple for garnish. Dice the rest of the apples and mix with crème fraiche, grated horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Cut the half apple into thin slices and let it marinate in lemon juice.
- Powder the shrimps with cayenne to your liking.
- Place the crispy vegetables on the apple salad and sprinkle with shrimp, marinated apple and garnish with sugar snap peas and cress. Serve with crispy toasted bread slices if desired.Cuisine , let the good times roll