Sweet Swedish Nutella Chocolate Balls dessert recipe. “Chokladbollar” are absolute classics of the Swedish bakery. Moreover, Nutella chocolate balls are not only very delicious and luscious, but they are also very easy to prepare. However, if you are having a tight schedule, these are the perfect make-ahead dessert.
Chocolate Balls are a sweet and chewy no-bake cookie, or maybe I should say candy. They are a mixture of rolled oats, coffee, vanilla, cocoa powder, butter, and sugar rolled in unsweetened dried coconut flakes. I added the Nutella in the center as a lovely soft chocolate core.
The balls can either be bite-sized or giant, whichever seems more appealing and if you like, additional cocoa powder or coffee can be added to intensify the flavor.
Although a children favorite dessert, for a more adult taste, you can try a splash of whiskey/cognac/baileys in the batter.
Eager to know more about Cocoa?
Nutella Chocolate Balls
- 150 g butter room temperature
- 3.5 dl oat flakes
- 4 tbsp cocoa unsweetened
- 4 tbsp strong coffee cold
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 dl sugar
- 10 tsp nutella
- coconut flakes garnish
- Start by clicking out 10 teaspoons of Nutella on a baking sheet and leave in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Then make the chocolate ball batter by mixing all the ingredients into a smooth batter and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Take the Nutella out of the freezer and cover the clicks with the batter and roll into balls so that the Nutella is completely covered. Then roll in coconut flakes.
- Store in the fridge before serving. Enjoy this small miracles of sweetness. Get Back Your 'Ooo' With Cuisine