People really like Baileys, cookies and cream! This wonderful parfait dessert will be gone in seconds.
Layered chocolate and Baileys cream paired with crumbled Oreo cookies and these parfaits are the perfect ending to your next dinner party.
For this recipe, the whipped cream should be fairly thick, so getting the consistency right is key.
The cream should form stiff peaks.
Yes, you can make these parfaits in advance, but there’s a few things to keep in mind:
If you assembled the parfaits and then stored them in the fridge, the cookies may become soft or soggy over time but 1-2 hours is no problem at all. Still delicious.
Baileys Cookies and Cream Parfait
- 25 Oreo 25-ish
- 200 g milk chocolate roughly chopped
- 1½ dl milk
- 5 dl Cream chilled
- 1 dl Baileys chilled
- 1 dl icing sugar
- Prepare the ingrediens. Use really cold cream and Baileys, its easier to work with. Put them in the freezer 15 min before you start.
- Crush the Oreo biscuit with a hand mixer. You can crush a few of them with your hands to have a mix of larger chunks.
- Roughly chop the milk chocolate and place in a bowl. Bring the milk to a boil and pour it over the chopped chocolate. Wait for 2-3 minutes and stir until all the pieces have dissolved. Allow the chocolate to cool to room temperature.
- Divide the cream into two parts. Firstly, one part is whipped hard together with Baileys, and icing sugar. Now mix with large airy whisks the Bailey cream with the chocolate.
- Whip the second half of the cream, pretty firm and set aside.
- Now start building the dessert in several layers. Start with Bailey's cream at the bottom of the glass, then fill with a little cream and then crush Oreo biscuits. Continue with cream, then Bailey cream and top with cream. Finish by sprinkling crushed Oreo biscuits
- This can easily be served immediately, but it will be even better if it is left in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving. The Joy of Cuisine