A smooth sweet white chocolate mousse topped with sweet and sour lime-marinated strawberries and a hidden Nutella “kinder egg”. So far not once has there been any leftovers. All the bowl has been “licked” clean no matter the menu eaten earlier.
Very easy to make, there are only a few steps, and some of those steps involve having to leave the components to sit/chill, which means that you can also sit and chill. The recipe makes four servings, so if you’re making it for two you could either halve it or enjoy it for two days, as we do.
This mousse is a little bit sinful, but soooo yummy! Not too sweet with a delightful lime flavor and fresh strawberries. Just perfect! I think you have earned yourself a little treat.
The strawberries give off their own creamy juice after you add the honey (you can use normal white sugar as well), and a few stirs helps to release this and dissolve the sugar.
White chocolate mousse with lime-marinated strawberries
- electric mixer
- 4 dessert bowls/glasses
- 3 dl whipping cream
- 100 g chocolate, white baking chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 1 tbsp honey liquid
- ¾ liter strawberry
- 4 pcs chocolate flake/Noblesse decoration
- 4 tsp Nutella
- Start with the Nutella. Put a teaspoon of chocolate in each bowl, in the middle and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, just so that the chocolate melts. Do not overheat it. Slow is the keyword.
- Put the egg in a bowl. Beat the egg with an electric whisk
- Measure out whipped cream in another bowl. Then whip the cream quite firm, but not hard, with an electric whisk.
- Add the melted chocolate, which should be lukewarm, not hot, to the beaten egg while run with the electric whisk on low speed.
- Final step for the mousse: Stir in the whipping cream a little at a time, stirring until you get a smooth and fine mousse.
- Pour the mousse into serving glasses/bowls. Leave to cool in the refrigerator for at least 2-4 hour before serving
- Zest the lime, squeeze out the juice. Add the zest and the juice to a bowl. Mix lime juice and zest with honey. Cut the strawberries into slices and place them in the marinade. Stir the mix gently and let it rest for at least 0,5 hour. 1-2 hours is even better.
- Spread the marinated strawberries over the chocolate mousse. Garnish with a chocolate wafer.Enjoy! The tasty Cuisine that smiles back.