Egg toddy Mannerheim with Cognac. An absolute gorgeous dessert with cognac in an egg shell, coffee, cacao and icing sugar.
When served, the guests will pour the cognac from the egg shell (which looks like a egg yolk) over the dessert and mix everything together.
Absolutely fabulous, both visually and taste-wise.
And its’ super easy to make. Some whisking, freezer time and then assembly. That’s it.
Having a sweet tooth? Check out my other desserts.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #lembitlounge and leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Egg toddy Mannerheim with Cognac
- 5 egg yokes save 4 halve eggshell
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 dl heavy cream whipped
- 4 tsp icing sugar
- 4 tsp Nescafé dry frozen coffee powder
- 4 tsp cacao
- 4 tbsp cognac
- 4 eggshell halves, boiled and cleaned
- Separate the yolks from the whites, Careful when breaking the eggs not to crush the shells. You need 4 halves.
- Boil the eggshells and peel off the thin film on the inside. Set aside and allow to dry.
- Whisk egg yolks, vanilla sugar and sugar (white and airy). Whip the cream in a separate bowl and pour into the egg mixture. Mix all together.
- Pour into serving glasses and set in the freezer. About 4-6h. Move to the fridge about 30 minutes before serving.
- Just before serving – add icing sugar, Nescafe and cocoa in small "piles".Pour 1 tablespoon cognac into the eggshell and place in the glass.Serve and let the guests pour the cognac over the dessert and mix everything together.Cuisine, as far as the eye can see.