Mulled wine marinated raspberries with mascarpone mousse and gingerbread crumbs sounds as good as it is!
And it’s super-easy to do and it’s a delicious desert.
A mousse recipe does not get any easier than this with very few ingredients and as a result, you’ll get this mousse which is rich, creamy yet light and airy because I add lots of whipped cream. This impressive dessert will be ready within 30 minutes.
You cannot have a meal without a sweet touch, right? This is what the below plans to offer with this recipe for 4 servings.
Could it be The best Christmas dessert? You’ll have to try and find out!
Marinate with Swedish Glögg or Mulled Wine
Sweet, warm, and spicy, glögg (pronounced “glue-gh”) is Sweden’s seasonal gift to chilly souls around the globe. Often enjoyed as Scandinavians are good at winter. And it’s get better when you sit together with a steaming cup of mulled wine or glögg.
The Swedish glögg is related to the German Glühwein and French brûlot.
Some additional in-depth information regarding “Glögg”
Blossa glögg, pictured below, a typical Swedish Mulled wine maker.
Every year they will release a new taste to the market. And it’s always interesting to taste.
Tried the recipe?
If you tried this recipe, I would be very pleased if you tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #lembitlounge and leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Above all, star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
My inspiration for this recipe, Marinated Raspberries with Mascarpone Mousse, is from Swedish Master Chef Catarina König.
As usual, I made, a few tweaks but basically, it’s very similar to origin.
Marinated Raspberries with Mascarpone Mousse
- 5 dl frozen raspberries thawed
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 6 tbsp Mullet wine a.k.a Swedish "Glögg"
Vanilla and mascarpone mousse
- 100 g mascarpone
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 dl heavy cream
- 15-20 pcs Gingerbread cookies
- Start with the raspberries and place them in a bowl and pour on the mulled wine and icing sugar. Stir together and let stand and soak. Pour all the ingredients for the mousse into a bowl and beat with an electric whisk together to a fluffy mousse. Whisk to a pretty thick thick level.Crush or grind the gingerbread (small gravel size) cookies and divide into 4 serving glasses.
- Sprinkle/spread on the fluffy mousse and top with the mulled wine marinated raspberries. Serve immediately! Enjoy!The Magic of Cuisine!