Baloney, the Swedish sausage, with mustard, cheese, potatoes in an oven form. It’s almost a Swedish national dish, on a same level as meatballs.
You must know that every Swede has a relation to this fantastic sausage, which the closest naming equivalent is baloney.
You can fry it in butter or oil, in slices, chunks or whole, you can put it in oven together with onion, mustard, tomato, apples. There is no “wrong” way to cook Falukorv (the Swedish name). And even better, Falukorv is a cooked sausage, so it can be eaten without any further preparation. But I normally prepare the sausage in oven or in a pan as I do in this recipe.
And you’ll find tons of different recipes with Falukorv, especially here in Sweden. As a result, if you try this recipe, you’ll be hooked.
Well of course, you’ll find information from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falukorv
“Falukorv /ˈfɑːluˈkɔːrv/, Swedish pronunciation: [ˈfɑːlɵˌkɔrv] is a Swedish sausage made of a grated mixture of smoked pork and beef or veal with potato starch flour, onion, salt and mild spices.”
Tried the Baloney in oven Swedish sausage recipe?
Please, I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located within recipe), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Baloney with mustard, cheese, potatoes in an oven form
- 600 g Baloney
- 4 medium Potatoes
- 1 big Apple
- 1 Onion
- 100 g Cheese of your choice
- 2 tbsp Mustard honey Dijon
- 1 tsp Sambal oelek
- Flake salt
- For decoration: green onions, red pepper, parsley
- Set oven to 200 C
- Firstly, start to peal and boil the potato, pour off the water and put a side
- In the meantime, cut the baloney in 1-2 cm slices. I like to have a little bit browned surface of the baloney, so I put them in a pan, medium heat on stove, and let them have some color. When slightly browned, transfer them to an ovenproof form and put a slice of cheese between the slices. I put the baloney in the middle and then build up rest of the ingrediens on the sides
- Then, I mix the mustard and the Sambal and smear the sauce over the baloney. Sprinkle some panko on top.
- Chop the onion in rough bites, put them in the pan and let them brown on one side. When ready, put the onion in the form on one side.
- Split the apple in slides, peel away the seeds, and put the apple on top of the onion.
- Now take the slightly cooled of potatoes, cut them in slices, and put them in the form on the other side of the baloney, drop a few butter spots and sprinkle with flake salt.
- And now, finalize the dish and put the form into oven for about 30-40 minutes
- When ready to serve, decorate with red pepper/parsley. Enjoy!