Nothing is more comforting than a bowl of Fast and Delicious Beef Goulash that’s ready in minutes!
This recipe is a very quick route to such a delightful dish that even our friends really appreciated and wondered about the recipe. It’s that good!
And sometimes in the hectic time we do live through from time to time this recipe is a savior.
How to: Can of pre-fab soup, spices and meat.
I do have a favorite canned soup, that at it self is pretty good to eat, but with a few adjustments it gets much better and contains more quality tender meat. And the secret is to use quality meat, specially when the purpose of this recipe is to save time and effort and still get tasty results.
The best cut of beef to use will heavily depend on how long you plan to cook it. A tough cut of beef such as rump, chuck, or brisket will require a long cooking time. A tender cut such as filet mignon, sirloin or as in this recipe, fillet of beef, is best for a short cooking time.
And a splash of cognac really rounds things up. Not to much though.
Adding a few spices remove the general blend taste that normally follow pre-fab material. “One taste to fit many”-rule.
There are lots of little adjustments that you can make to this recipe, so it’s more to your liking. Try playing around a little with the herbs and spices that I use in this delicious dish.
Quick sides, buns or toasts.
The enhanced recipe itself is good as it is and doesn’t need any side dish; however:
Either a toasted slice or a quick route to pre-made ciabatta, which only requires 10 minutes in oven. I grease them them with olive oil and sprinkle some flake salt before putting them into the oven.
Super crunchy and salty:
May I also suggest:
Super delicious similar simple and rather quick recipes. Equally delicious.
None of which will disappoint either you or your table company:
Did you make this?
Did you make this delicious Fast and Delicious Beef Goulash? Please, tag me on social @lembitlounge and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Fast and Delicious Beef Goulash
- 1 can Goulash soup about 560g
- 1 tbsp calf broth, concentrated
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne powder
- 4 cl cognac the drinkable sort
- 200g fillet of beef, bite chunks 100-150g per serving
- 1 tsp ground black pepper for frying together with the meat
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche or sour crème
- 4 ciabatta buns optional
- Prepare the ingredients. If making buns in oven, preheat oven to 225 °C.Put the canned soup into a saucepan and blend in the spices/broth/cognac and heat up slowly. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile: sear the meat, chunks, in butter, with the ground black pepper so it get a colored surface. No need to be cooked through, When ready put, in the saucepan and let simmer for 10-15 min.
- Optional: While the soup is simmering, prepare and make the buns, or make some toasts.
- When serving add a spoon of crème fraiche and sprinkle some fresh parsley. Enjoy!Cuisine – The Short Cut!