Carrot, ginger and coriander soup. Wow, this is good, really good.
So, why not make this wonderfully spicy carrot soup with orange cream for dinner. The soup gets a characteristic taste of cumin, ginger and extra strong curry, among other things. Mix the hot soup smooth and serve with a small ball of smooth cream, crispy bacon, coriander and chili. You will agree with me that it’s perfect to be served with toast or a good loaf of bread.
I’ve made the soup several times and it’s suitable both as a starter or as a dinner meal.
I do think it looks fantastic and can be served as part of an elegant menu.
Above all, most of the steps can be prepared earlier, which is perfect if you are cooking for a larger party or as a starter.
Health benefits of carrots and ginger
Can carrots really help you see in the dark? And what other benefits does this versatile vegetable have?
Read more about carrots: Top 5 health benefits of carrots
Anf the ginger miarcle? “The health benefits of ginger are largely due to its antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties and content of therapeutic compounds like gingerol, shogaol, paradol and zingerone”. 12 Ginger Benefits … for the Body and Brain
May I also suggest:
Super delicious similar soup recipes. Heart warming and easy to make.
Did you make this?
Did you make this flavorful and warming Carrot ginger and coriander soup?
Please, I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located within recipe), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Carrot ginger and coriander soup
- 500 g of carrots coarsely grated
- 200 g bacon small pieces
- 4 dl vegetable broth
- 3 dl cream
- 1 onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves pressed
- 2 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp curry powder Madras strong
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 3 tbsp orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 pot coriander
- 1 red chili finely diced
- butter/oil for frying
- 1 dl crème fraiche
- 1 orange grated peel
- 0.5 dl heavy cream
- Start with the bacon, cut them into small bits and fry them crispy. Put them on paper towel to drain of excess fat. Save for later.
- Add a dash of butter/oil to a large pan and once hot, add the diced onion and and a few moments later, pressed garlic, grated ginger with a pinch of salt. Sweat down until soft but not colored. Add cumin, ancho and curry and fry a little more, 2 min.
- Pour on vegetable stock, cream and add the carrots. Cook with a lid until the carrots are soft, 10-15 minutes. Add the coriander stalks (reserve the leaves for garnish) and the orange juice.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Mix the soup smoothly with a hand mixer or in a food processor. Add more broth as needed to achieve the right silky-smooth consistency. Taste and season with salt, pepper and a splash of vinegar
- Mix grated orange peel with crème fraiche and heavy cream.
- Divide the soup into bowls. Cut plenty of fresh coriander leaf's together with the chili and bacon. Put a dollop of orange fraiche in each. Serve with some toasted bread or a good loaf of bread.Now, enjoy all the tastes!You can really taste the Cuisine!