This simple weekday friendly oven-baked Falukorv on a bed of Vegetables meal is prepared with Falukorv, a large, smoked, pork and beef sausage from Sweden mixed with a bunch of greens. All cooked together in a one-pot solution.
You can serve Falukorv with a side of mashed potatoes and you’ll have yourself a classic Swedish meal.
There are many different ways to prepare and cook this Swedish sausage. For this recipe, I carve out valleys to be able to put more of the stuffing into place and to have more frying surface. I just love the crispy surface of the sausage.
What is Falukorv?
What the heck is Falukorv”? Think bologna, but really good bologna.
It a Swedish speciality that has had roots in Swedish history as far back as the 16th century and of course, you’ll find information from Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falukorv, “Falukorv /ˈfɑːluˈkɔːrv/. It is a Swedish sausage made of a grated mixture of smoked pork and beef or veal with potato starch flour, onion, salt and mild spices.”
Similar named sausages, what I can find, are Baloney or Bologna.
May I also suggest:
Super delicious FALUKORV recipes.
Did you make this?
Did you make this delicious Falukorv on a bed of Vegetables?
Please, I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located within recipe), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Falukorv on a bed of Vegetables
- 800 g Bologna i.e. Swedish Falukorv or similar
- 1 Leek sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced/chopped
- 3 pickled gherkins chopped
- 1 dl ketchup
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp water
- Salt and freschly ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika powder
- 1 tsp Ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne powder
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 ½ dl heavy cream
- 5 cl Cognac
- 2 dl cheese grated
- 6 cloves garlic, whole optional
- butter to grease the oven form
- Preheat the oven to 225 °C °C/ 43 °F °F and grease a oven form.Make the cutout in the sausage i.e. "valleys".
- Place shredded leeks in the oven form. Put the cut out falu sausage on top. Mix water and ketchup. Brush the sausage with the ketchup mixture and mustard.
- Season the sausage with salt, black pepper, Ancho chili, cayenne and smoked paprika.Sprinkle diced pickles, shredded yellow onion and halved cherry tomatoes.Add a couple of whole garlic cloves as well, evenly spreaded.
- Pour over the heavy cream and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Place in the oven 25-35 minutes, until everything has a nice color.Serve with mashed potatoes and pickles. Enjoy!Cuisine – Bringing Joy of Food