This simple weekday friendly oven-baked Falukorv on a bed of Vegetables meal is prepared with Falukorv, a large, smoked, pork and beef sausage from Sweden mixed with a bunch of greens. All cooked together in a one-pot solution.
You can serve Falukorv with a side of mashed potatoes and you’ll have yourself a classic Swedish meal.
There are many different ways to prepare and cook this Swedish sausage. For this recipe, I carve out valleys to be able to put more of the stuffing into place and to have more frying surface. I just love the crispy surface of the sausage.
What is Falukorv?
What the heck is Falukorv”? Think bologna, but really good bologna.
It a Swedish speciality that has had roots in Swedish history as far back as the 16th century and of course, you’ll find information from Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falukorv, “Falukorv /ˈfɑːluˈkɔːrv/. It is a Swedish sausage made of a grated mixture of smoked pork and beef or veal with potato starch flour, onion, salt and mild spices.”
Similar named sausages, what I can find, are Baloney or Bologna.
May I also suggest:
Super delicious FALUKORV recipes.
Did you make this?
Did you make this delicious Falukorv on a bed of Vegetables?
Please, I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located within recipe), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Would love to see your picture of your dish: tag me on social @lembitlounge.
Also, you’re welcome to keep up with me on Instagram
Falukorv on a bed of Vegetables
- 800 g Bologna i.e. Swedish Falukorv or similar
- 1 Leek sliced
- 1 yellow onion sliced/chopped
- 3 pickled gherkins chopped
- 1 dl ketchup
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp water
- Salt and freschly ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika powder
- 1 tsp Ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne powder
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 ½ dl heavy cream
- 5 cl Cognac
- 2 dl cheese grated
- 6 cloves garlic, whole optional
- butter to grease the oven form
- Preheat the oven to 225 °C °C/ 43 °F °F and grease a oven form.Make the cutout in the sausage i.e. "valleys".
- Place shredded leeks in the oven form. Put the cut out falu sausage on top. Mix water and ketchup. Brush the sausage with the ketchup mixture and mustard.
- Season the sausage with salt, black pepper, Ancho chili, cayenne and smoked paprika.Sprinkle diced pickles, shredded yellow onion and halved cherry tomatoes.Add a couple of whole garlic cloves as well, evenly spreaded.
- Pour over the heavy cream and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Place in the oven 25-35 minutes, until everything has a nice color.Serve with mashed potatoes and pickles. Enjoy!Cuisine – Bringing Joy of Food