Impress your guests at your next wine and cheese night with these elegant, d’oeuvres, Prosciutto Cheese Rolls.
So simple to make, perfect looks, full of flavor but also fit the keto snack category.
Did I say simple to make? Seriously, these Prosciutto Cheese Rolls could not be any easier to throw together. Mix the cheese cream/basil/spices, just lay out your prosciutto, top it with a dollop of cheese and roll. Thats. It.
Just by blending the cheese mix you start to get the feeling: It’s gonna be a good night!
What is prosciutto?
“The word prosciutto, which translates to “ham” in Italian, is made only from the hind legs of pigs and is aged during a dry-curing process. There are typically two types of prosciutto: prosciutto cotto, which is cooked, and prosciutto crudo, which is uncooked, yet cured.” Read all about it here:
How many d’oeuvres to serve at a party?
It’s always difficult to calculate how many. But a thumb of rule:
2-4 Hors d’oeuvre per person served half an hour before dinner
Take a look at some of my other appetizers/bites:
Vanishing appetizers. None lasts long.
Did you make this?
Did you make this fresh Prosciutto Cheese Rolls?
Please, I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located within recipe), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Prosciutto Cheese Rolls
- 12 slices prosciutto ham
- 200 g mascarpone cheese softened
- 1 pot basil
- 120g tbsp sundried tomato
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste,
- ½ tsp cayenne powder optional
- Place mascarpone into a small bowl. Shred basil and tomatoes and add into bowl. Add spices to the mix.Mix until evenly creamy and spreadable.
- Lay prosciutto slices on a large cutting board. Put a dollop of the cheesemix on the prosciutto. Starting from one end, roll each prosciutto slice up into a tube.
- Starting from one end, roll each prosciutto slice up into a tube. Place on a small platter and serve (after a little time in the fridge).The rolls want to chill for 15 minutes to make them easier to pick up.Cuisine – Full of Delicious