These crunchy Garlic Shrimp and Avocado bites are a fresh and delicious bite-size appetizer that will be a hit at any gathering or party. A bite of one of these, is a flavor explosion in your mouth. I promise you can’t just have one because these little bites are that good, so make a few more than initially intended.
This is such an easy shrimp appetizer recipe but it is mouthwatering good. Lots of garlic, tender shrimp coated with smoky spices, creamy avocado, lime, and cilantro to add a bit of bite.
I did two variants of these lovely snack, one as a crostini snack and one with a potato chips as base, with the same avocado mix. Both gives the crunchy taste and sound that’s very desirable.
I tend to leave the shrimp tails on for presentation purposes, but if you prefer to remove them for easier eating, you can certainly do that. I’d suggest doing so after the shrimp roasts.
Garlic Shrimp and Avocado Bites
- 28 medium to large shrimp thawed
- 14 baguette slices about 1-1,5 cm thick
- 14 potato chips
- 6 cloves garlic grated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cayenne / chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 avocado
- Cilantro or Arugula, chopped to garnish
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 225C°/430F° Add the olive oil and minced garlic to a small bowl. Brush the baguette slices on both sides with the oil/garlic mix. Bake for 5 -10 minutes or until they're as crispy as you want. 15 minutes made them really crispy.
- Once the baguette slices are toasted, let them cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado, lime, and a bit of salt & pepper together.
- Meanwhile, add a splash of olive oil to a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt & pepper to taste. Cook, stirring often, until the shrimp are pink (about 2-4 mins). Remove the pan from the heat.
Assemble and Serve
- Lay out the crostini and the potato chips on a serving plate. Spread a layer of the avocado mix on each one. Top with the arugula and shrimp. Serve immediately. Enjoy!Cuisine tastic!