*2023-11-23: Updatated recipe with adjustments of liquids.
Creamy Garlic Potato Gratin
Really tender and creamy garlic potato gratin with a deliciously crispy and cheesy crust. It's one of the best carb-loaded side dish for almost any meal.
- Large saucepan
- Oven form
- 1,2 kg potatoes starchy sort
- 5 gloves garlic sliced
- 1 dl milk
- 4 dl cream heavy cream
- 1,5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1,5 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 dl cheese, cheddar or any of your liking, grated
- butter to grease oven form
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.Prepare the ingredientsPeel and slice the potatoes thinly, preferably with a mandolin
- Slice the garlic cloves and fry them in olive oil in a large saucepan, just until them taking on color. Pour on milk and cream and bring to the boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook until the cream milk has thickened. It is because the starch is pulled out. Stir constantly so that it does not burn, stirring slowly is the key here.Add salt and pepper. Stir in ⅔ of the grated cheese. Taste and adjust salt/pepper.
- Pour everything into a greased, ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the rest of the grated cheese.
- Gratinate for about 60-70 minutes. Feel with a test pin that the gratin is ready. If necessary, place foil towards the end so that it does not burn, although I like the crispy crust on top. Cuisine: The cream of the crop
Tried this recipe?Let me know how it was