Healthy Multi-Seed Crackers. Light, crispy and delicious, grain-free & gluten-free.
This recipe is incredibly easy, flexible, adaptable and full of toasty rich flavor. The perfect crunchy snack by themselves (with or without butter), and pair with most toppings such as cheese, ham, avocado. But the choice is yours…
Anyway, these crackers are seriously good! I love that they are so simple to make and they are really satisfying!
To make these, you simply mix the seeds together in a bowl with salt and a few seasonings, stir through some water and oil. The liquid all gets absorbed. The cracker mixture then gets spread thinly on a baking sheet and baked until crisp. That’s it.
I added cayenne powder for a little extra flavor, but the cayenne is of course optional.
These crackers are perfect for lunchboxes and give a decent serve of fiber, healthy fats and protein. Win-win.
These crackers are filled with nutrient-packed seeds, known for being rich in vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and more! Here are some of the unique superpowers of the seeds included in this recipe:
- Sesame Seeds: a good source of fiber and protein. These little seeds are full of antioxidants and healthy fats, as well as vitamins and minerals!
- Flaxseed: another excellent option for protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. Containing lignans, flaxseeds are known for their antioxidant and anti-cancer properties. As well as helping aid cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels.
- Pumpkin Seeds: a rich source of iron, magnesium, zinc, and lots of antioxidants. These seeds are great for heart and bone health, as well as being anti-cancerous. The magnesium also helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Sunflower Seeds: cholesterol-free, and packed to the brim with nutrients. These seeds contain magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron, folate as well as essential fats and Vitamins A, B and E. Thus, they help with blood sugar levels, cholesterol, heart health, and even act as an anti-inflammatory.
- Oat Flakes: The nutrient composition of oats is well-balanced. They are a good source of carbs and fiber. They are also a good source of high quality protein, with a good balance of essential amino acids
Tip! Do you like to bake?
Then I can really recommend my fantastic bread recipe.
Did you make this?
Did you make this addictive Healthy Multi-Seed Crackers?
I would be very pleased if you tag me on Instagram with the hashtag @lembitlounge and leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Healthy Multi-Seed Crackers
- 2 dl boiling water
- 0,5 dl rape seed oil
- 2 dl almond flour
- 1 dl flaxseeds
- 1 dl sesame seeds
- 1 dl pumpkin seeds
- ½ dl sunflower seeds
- ½ dl oat flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne powder optional
- salt flakes to sprinkle sprinkle when rolled out, before oven
- Preheat the oven to 150C° / 300F°, fan bake.
- Measure and place all seeds and spices in a bowl.
- Boil the water take off from the stove and add the oil. Mix liquid with the seeds and stir to mix everything together. Let sit for 15 min.
- Click out part of the dough on a baking sheet. Press it out a little lightly with your hands. Add another baking sheet on top and roll out the dough thinly, approx. 1 mm.
- Using a second baking sheet paper on top makes it a lot easier to make the crackers thin and even.
- Sprinkle some salt flakes over and bake in the middle of the oven for about 45-60 minutes or until golden, crisp and starting to brown around the edges and smell toasty. Take them out and let the crackers cool of. They will crisp more as they cool.
- Break into irregular pieces and serve with good stir-fries. Enjoy!Cuisine, couldn't be better!