Pan-Seared Tuna with Lovely Dressing has almost an celebration-dish-looks to it. This dish is not only beautiful but comes together in minutes! The simplicity of this dish is what I love the most. Straight forward, quick-cooking, and full of flavor and texture.
You will discover the good dressing with sweet chili sauce and coconut milk with a stingy touch. Superb!
I paired my tuna with seared crunchy Bok Choy, chili and cilantro and complemented with a creamy avocado.
Do Sustainable tuna and look for certification.
Also, we all need to think about Sustainable tuna and certification.
“Tuna is and one of the most eaten fish in the world. It belongs to a subgroup of the mackerel family and consists of 8 species that vary in color and size. Tuna is a nomadic species and is found throughout the world’s oceans.
Remember to buy certified tuna, read more here.
Other “Meat without legs” recipes
If you enjoyed this Pan-Seared Tuna with Lovely Dressing I can really recommend some of following equally simple to make recipes:
And please, check out my other seafood recipes as well: shrimps, salmon, tuna, cod…
Did you make this?
Did you make this? Please, tag me on social @lembitlounge and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Pan-Seared Tuna with Lovely Dressing
- Cast iron pan
- 300 g Tuna filé
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 glove garlic grated
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Japanese soy
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 dl coconut milk
- ½ tsp cayenne powder or 1 tsp if you want to increase the heat
- ½ salt
- 1 Bok Choi small
- 1 red chili
- 1 tbsp Japanese soy
- ½ pot of cilantro chopped
- olive oil
- 2 portions glass noodles
- 2 pinches Seaweed Salad Wakame Goma
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- Prepare the tuna. Rub, sparingly, in some oil and add salt and black pepper.
- Ensure the pan is very hot before adding the tuna steaks. Fry the tuna for about 30-35 seconds on each side. Set aside into a cutting board.
- Start with the dressing: Peel and grate the garlic and ginger finely on a grater. Mix in a bowl together with sesame oil, Japanese soy, sweet chili sauce, lime juice and coconut milk. Taste with salt and cayenne. Put the dressing in a serving bowl.
- Prepare the glass noodles according to the instructions on the package. Pour into a colander and rinse them in cold water, drain well.
- Slice the tuna into thin slices.
- Start the assembly by putting the glass noodles on the plate, sliced tuna on top with the Wakame Goma as garnish.
- For the quick stirred salad: Put a couples drops of olive oil in a pan, medium-high. Slice the chilli and divide the bok choy by the thicker part vs the leafs, Quickly sear the chili and white part of bok choy. drizzle on the soy and mix in the green bok choy leafs. Place on the serving plates and spread the cilantro over the salad.
- Finally, fine slice the avocado. You do this part as to keep the avocado as fresh as possible. Serve the dish and enjoy!Great Cuisine. Great Times.