Mouth dripping savory Flavorful Chicken and Basil Stir-Fry recipe is simple, fast and so delicious!
The sauce actually acts like a glaze as the chicken mixture cooks over high heat. The recipe works best if you chop your chicken and have all ingredients prepped before you start cooking. Then it is just an add-on step-by-step activity.
It is easily going to become one of your favorite quick dinners.
Ingredients for Thai Basil Chicken
Chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar are whisked together to make a sweet and salty mixture to really flavor the recipe.
Boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces.
Shallots and garlic
Sliced shallots and sliced garlic add another layer of flavor. And use a lot of garlic.
Hot chile peppers
Use the hot pepper of your choice, and customize the amount to suit your tolerance for heat. But the added heat makes an extra dimension for the total impression.
This recipe traditionally uses Thai basil, but I used regular basil, and the result is still magnificent.
Note: Thai Basil tastes like normal basil with a hint of aniseed flavour.
Additional bell peppers, sugar peas and beans sprouts gives the dish enhanced texture and taste.
That’s a lovely accessories to give a crunchines. I just love these Indian flatbreads.
Let me recommend a few other really good recipes:
Easy to do and super tasty:
Did you make this?
Did you make the Flavorful Chicken and Basil Stir-Fry?
Please, I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located within recipe), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Your feedback is valuable– it helps me and other readers fine-tune the recipes and provide ideas for additional changes.
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Flavorful Chicken and Basil Stir-Fry
- 1 kg boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 banana shallots thinly sliced
- 3 red bird’s eye chilli deseeded and thinly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 2 small bell peppers sliced in stripes
- 100 g beansprouts
- 50 g sugar peas sliced in stripes
- 1 pot basil or Thai basil, about 30-40g
- Rice of your choice, basil leaves to serve
- Prepare the ingredients. Cut the chicken in bite size pieces.
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add the oil, chili and shallots. Fry for 1-2 mins until lightly colored. Add the garlic and chicken, and stir-fry for 3 mins until browned all over.
- Add the sugar, soy, oyster and fish sauce. Stir-fry for 1 min, turning often. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the bell peppers. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15 mins.
- Add the beansprouts, sugar peas and basil. Stir and cook for a about 3mins.
- Serve the chicken over a plate of fluffy rice of choice and garnish with some additional basil leaves. I added some pappadums to crunch things up. Enjoy!The Joy of Cuisine!