What’s not to love with this restaurant style Creole Shrimp Pasta with Sausage recipe? The flavor is incredible, just like i would imagine in New Orleans. and it’s easy to make in just 40 minutes!
Sauteed shrimp and smoked hot sausage with colorful vegetables, all served over a creamy parmesan filled pasta and has just the right amount of kick for a tasty dinner. A little spicy and totally satisfying.
The dish is both weeknight-friendly and company weekend-worthy. Delicious in one word!
Creole Shrimp Pasta with Sausage became definitely a favorite in our home.
Shrimp and Sausage to use
I use a medium/large sized shrimp, Vannamei type, and a hot chili and smoked Chorizo sausage. Andouille sausage would be a more authentic choice (org. recipe) but I had hard time finding it at the time of cooking. Sremska would be a good alternative as well.
Regarding Vannamei shrimp, its also called Whiteleg shrimp according to WIKI. Dig deeper if you want.
If you buy your shrimps frozen then you need to thaw them.
Refrigerate Overnight Method: one of the simplest ways to defrost shrimp is in your refrigerator overnight. Simply remove the desired amount of frozen shrimp, place in a covered bowl and let them defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
Homemade Creole Seasoning
Creole Seasoning is great for adding extra flavor to dishes and if you would like to make your own see my FLAVORFUL CREOLE SEASONING recipe.
Super easy to blend together plus adjustable to your own taste.
May I also suggest:
Super delicious similar seafood recipes. WOW factor guaranteed:
Did you make this?
Did you make this delicious Creole Shrimp Pasta with Sausage?
Please, I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located within recipe), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Would love to see your picture of your dish: tag me on social @lembitlounge.
Also, you’re welcome to keep up with me on Instagram
Creole Shrimp Pasta with Sausage
- 300 g “hot and smoky” sausage Andouille, Chorizo, Sremska
- 600 g large fresh shrimp thawed, peeled, Vannamei type
- 2 tbsp Creole seasoning
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 dl sugar beans
- 5 clove garlic pressed
- 5 dl heavy whipping cream
- 200 g penne pasta cooked according to package instructions
- 2.5 dl sliced green onion plus a little extra for garnish
- 2,5 dl Parmesan cheese fresh grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- sliced green onion
- 1 pinch Creole seasoning
- Prepare the ingredients
- Season/marinate shrimps with 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning and mix evenly. This can be done in advance, 1-2h
- Half sausage lengthwise and then slice into 1cm thick bites.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan.This can be done in advance, 1-2h
- Cook Pasta according to package instructions and set aside
- Add shrimp to pan and cook, turning occasionally, until firm and pink, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add yellow onion and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender and fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes.Add cream and simmer until slightly thickened, 5 minutes.Add pasta, green onion, sausage, shrimps and sugar beans; simmer until heated through and creamy. Fold in cheese, remaining 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, and taste with salt/creole seasoning.Garnish with green onion and Creole seasoning, if desired. Enjoy!Food or Cuisine? I'll have Cuisine.