Healthy Fish en Papillote is a mouth-watering delicious recipe and comes together in just under 30 minutes.
Tender, flavor-packed fish, and in this recipe I added Asian flavors, with hoisin, ketjap manis, garlic in a light lemony sauce, all cooked together with a pak choi in parchment parcels. Absolute delight.
Perfect for weeknight dinners as it is for impressing guests. Everybody like to open presents. Plus, the beautiful aroma and site of the slightly saucy fish and veggies as you split open the parchment is simply irresistible!
Fish En Papillote. Pronounced “ahn-pa-pee-yawt”. Don’t you feel fancy just saying it? Despite what its elegant name might suggest, this method of baking fish in parchment paper packets is one of the easiest, most foolproof methods to cook fish.
‘En papillote’ means wrapped in a parcel and ensures that everything stays moist as it cooks in its own steam. It’s also a method that won’t leave your house smelling like a fish market,
When baked en papillote, fish fillets like cod, halibut, snapper, trout, or even salmon, cook very quickly and come out tender, moist, and flavorful. I used cod back fillet in my recipe.
May I also suggest:
Super delicious Seafood recipes. Also quick and easy to make. No-one will leave disappointed.
Did you make this?
Did you make this delicious Healthy Fish en Papillote?
Please, I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located within recipe), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Would love to see your picture of your dish: tag me on social @lembitlounge.
Also, you’re welcome to keep up with me on Instagram
Healthy Fish en Papillote
- 2 sheets non-stick baking paper
- 1 pak choi cut in halves
- 400 g cod back fillet or similar white fish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ Juice of a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic finely grated
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp ketjap manis
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ lemon for serving
- Heat oven to 200°C/380°F. Prepare the ingredients.
- Mix together ingredients in the sauce.Place ½ of a pak choi on each piece of baking paper and top with a fish fillet. Brush each fillet and pak choi with the sauce mixture.Season well.
- Fold, roll and seal each piece of baking paper to enclose the fillings. Place on a baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon. Serve immediately, with, for example, a leafy green salad.Cuisine – Deliciousness in no time