Spicy garlic shrimp stir fry in a pan with delicious vegetables. All mixed up with a gorgeous Asian sweet sauce.
This tasty low carb seafood dinner is ready in 30 minutes or less. If you’re looking for a fast, healthy and flavor bursting recipe, it’s all right here.
It’s not only healthy and quick, but it’s also a fun dish to throw together for friends—using shrimp makes it feel a little special.
You can level the spices to your own taste but i believe this dish requires some chilies. And why not add some oven baked garlic bread (more garlic). Absolutely perfect to dip in the remaining sauce .
Is shrimp good for you?
Shrimp is a great protein. Because they’re low in carbs and calories and packed with nutrients, shrimp are an ideal choice for a healthy meal. It is best to buy wild or farmed shrimp from where antibiotic use is illegal.
I myself use farmed shrimps with a ACS certification, for example Vannamei shrimps.
Spicy Garlic Shrimp Stir Fry
- 400 g Shrimps, deveined, thawed
- 6 Garlic cloves sliced
- 2 piri piri chili or chili
- ½ dl Japanese Soy
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 150 g snow peas
- Olive oil
- Cilantro chopped, garnish
- 2 tsp Sesame seeds roasted
- Gather all the ingredients. Pre-chop/slice the items. Roast the sesame seeds until golden. I used a mix of white and black seeds. Set aside and let them cool down in a separate bowl.To make the sauce: combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, sweet chili sauce, sambal oelek, garlic, cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Quickly fry the vegetables with a little olive oil in a frying pan. Keep the plate on fairly high heat. I like when the vegetables are crispy and not too soft. Take everything out of the pan.
- Fry the garlic and chili in olive oil.
- Add the prawns. And watch it. It's fast! Stir until everything is mixed thoroughly, but only for a minute or two. Once it turns pink, it’s probably done
- Add the veggies and the sauce to the shrimp in the pan. Simmer for 3 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, sesame seeds and serve with a slice of lime. Add garlic bread if desired. Enjoy!Just for the taste of Cuisine