Marinated grilled chicken on a green salad bed with feta cheese, butter toasted hazelnuts and apple. Fast, very easy and low carbs. Perfect everyday dinner, or why not, a healthy lunch.
Marinating is crucial for the taste. The longer you let the chicken marinate for, the better it gets. It will become so intensely flavorful if given some extra time so feel free to prep the chicken the night before. But at least 3-4 hours. But of course, my marinate, is one suggestion, try mine or use any of your favorites.
Marinated grilled chicken salad
- 350 g chicken breasts
- 150 g Mache
- 150 g Baby spinach/dandelion green
- 1 apple cut into small bites
- 1 dl hazelnuts
- 1 dl feta cheese chopped into small cubes
- 5 cl cognac for marinade
- 5 cl liquid smoke for marinade
- salt and black pepper
- Tzatziki sauce
- Marinate the chicken and put in the fridge. at least 3-4 hours ahead
- Split the hazelnut and roast them in butter until they get some color
- Lay all the ingredients on the serving plate, veggies, fruit, nuts and cheese
- Fry the chicken on the stove. I sliced mine into long pieces to easier have control over the readiness. When done, cut into bite chunks and place on top. Drizzle with some salt flakes.
- Serve the chicken salad with some tzatziki sauce. Enjoy!Cuisine – makes it easy