Homemade healthy spicy chicken ramen may take a little more more time, than takeaway, but it’s worth it for the deep, impressive flavor. And you can change the ingredients as you wish. Are you looking for a filling soup that’s also nutritious? Here it is! This ramen recipe features tons of vegetables and fried/grilled chicken to fill your protein needs.
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best ones!
If you really want to space the soup up, you can always try the HOMEMADE HOT CHILI PASTE, for an immerse spicy experience. Otherwise you can go for a sliced chili.
Dig down for some interesting information about Japanese noodle dish, Ramen.
If you love classic homemade chicken ramen, that is simple to make, but you can still customize to your taste – then this chicken ramen recipe is for you!
Feel free to experiment the Healthy Spicy Chicken Ramen recipe with your own variants of vegetables, spices and broth.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #lembitlounge and leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Healthy spicy chicken ramen
- 1 liter broth I'm using a mix of both chicken and vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tbsp garlic pressed or grated
- ½ pot of cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp hot chili paste or one sliced fresh chili
- 2 nest Ramen noodles
- Chicken breast fried or grilled, striped
- 1 carrot cut into thin strips
- 2 Pak choy, small "Bok choy" cut in half
- 2 dl white cabbage finely sliced
- 2 Spring onion chopped
- 2 egg boiled semisoft, cut in half
- ¼ lime or lemon
- Handful of beansprouts
- 3 radishes sliced
- cilantro chopped, garnish
- Add all the broth ingredients to a large pot. Allow the stock to boil for a minimum of 15minutes. You are wanting all the flavours of the additions to seep into the stock.
- Leave the pot simmering with the stock while you chop the balance of the ingredients.
- In the meantime, prepare the noodles according to package instructions. Normally a couple of minutes in boiling water, then rinse in cold water.
- Add the noodles into the bottom of a soup bowl. Add the vegetables on top of the noodles. Pour in the broth and lay the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Pour in the broth, place the egg halves on top and garnish with coriander, beansprouts and radishes. Enjoy!Get the Cuisine habit.