These lovely, tender and flavorful seared Chicken stuffed with herby mascarpone and wrapped with sliced prosciutto.
This will wow you!
Wrapping the chicken breast in prosciutto makes for a succulent dish with an indulgent filling for a taste sensation.
They are such a nice change from the usual chicken dinner! Stuffed chicken breasts are quite versatile, mainly because of how many different stuffing recipes there are to choose from. But, this is a recipe you’ll come back to time and time again. I surely have.
This chicken recipe is quick and easy to make, both for a weeknight dinner as well as a great dinner party dish.
Cheese stuffed chicken breast, is the best!
HOW TO STUFF CHICKEN FOR CHEESY HERB STUFFED CHICKEN:
Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket in the side of a chicken breast. To do this you will need to have a fairly thick piece of chicken breast. Run your knife parallel to the cutting board and insert the tip of your knife into the thickest portion of the breast and continue cutting down lengthwise.
If you’d like to keep as much of the stuffing inside the chicken breast as possible and you are worried some might fall out, use toothpicks to secure the opening together and keep more of that stuffing inside. Just remember to remove your toothpicks before serving. However, wrapping the prosciutto around each, as neatly and tightly as you can, will also keep the filling enclosed.
Other Poultry Recipes: Casserole and Stew
If you love easy chicken and turkey recipes, please try these as well:
- Swedish flying Jacob casserole
- A creamy chicken stew with parmesan and wine
- Turkey Tenderloins with Crispy Ginger
Did you make this?
Did you make this juicy Chicken stuffed with herby mascarpone? Please, tag me on social @lembitlounge and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Chicken stuffed with herby mascarpone
- Frying pan
- Oven proof form
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 8 slices prosciutto
- butter to sear the chicken
- Black pepper
- 6 tbsp mascarpone
- 2 tbsp rosemary finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tsp curry
- 2 jalapenos finely chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fanPrepare the ingredients.
- Fillings: Mix the mascarpone with the rosemary, garlic, jalapenos and seasoning.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, add the olive oil/butter and quickly brown the chicken on both sides.
- Place the chicken breasts on a board and cut a slit for the stuffing. Work your fingers into the slit, and expand the slit to form a pocket in the breast meat. Put a spoonful of the mascarpone mix. Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each, as neatly and tightly as you can, to keep the filling enclosed.
- Then transfer to a baking dish, pour the lemon juice and bake for oven for 15-20 mins until just cooked. Or, preferred, use a thermometer until inner temperature is 72 C.
- Spoon the juices over the chicken just before serving. Goes well with potatoes and green beans.Life should taste as good as Cuisine.