This easy to make Chicken Stroganoff with Wine & Cognac is chicken bites smothered in a rich and creamy flavorful sauce. Serve it with Tagliatelle pasta and you have a winner of a dinner.
I’ve made this Chicken Stroganoff with Wine & Cognac recipe a few times and the sauce is always just incredible – my absolute favorite part! It’s addictively creamy, tangy, and seasoned perfectly with a hint of wine, mustard and oregano.
I am a huge fan of Beef Stroganoff, but Chicken Stroganoff makes for a nice change. It is less spicy than traditional stroganoff recipes, and the chicken just makes it a bit ‘softer’ – but still packed with taste.
If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to Tagliatelle, try mashed cauliflower!
It’s best served with a veggie side.
If you are into stroganoff recipes, please try my Tasty Beef Stroganoff.
And BTW, in the recipe I’m using the hot chili paste to add some heat into the dish. Optional, but use carefully.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #lembitlounge and leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
бон аппетит! (Bon Appetit in Russian).
Chicken Stroganoff with Wine & Cognac
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 yellow onion diced finely
- 2 shallots diced finely
- 3 cloves garlic sliced/chopped
- 1,5 dl white wine dry Riesling type
- 3 dl crème fraiche or heavy cream
- 1 tbsp concentrated chicken broth
- 3 tbsp cognac
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 tbsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp hot chili paste optional, or 1 tsbp Sambal Oelek
- Chopped cilantro and/or green onions garnish
- Pasta tagliatelle or rice
- Cut the chicken breast into bit sized pieces. Season with black pepper
- Heat a larger skillet over medium high heat. Add some butter and cook the chicken bites until brown and cooked through. We want to cook the chicken in batches so we do not crowd the pan.. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in the onions and then garlic, with some butter. Fry until slightly browned.
- Now add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Bring the sauce to a boil and let simmer for for 10-15 minutes or more. Add the chicken back to the pan, let it blend until warm.
- Garnish with some cilantro and/or green onions and serve with Tagliatelle. Enjoy!Cuisine is happiness!