This Asian Cucumber Salad is simple and refreshing, with a mild garlic flavor balanced with the perfect amount of salt, lime, sesame oil and rice vinegar. A perfect appetizer for any meal.
The key to making a great Asian cucumber salad lies in the dressing. My recipe is garlicky, spicy, savory, with just a touch of sweetness and tartness. The cucumber is crunchy so every bite is bursting with flavors.
You’ll only need a few basic ingredients to make this smashed cucumber salad. A great cucumber salad is all about balancing flavors: umami, salt, acid, and heat.
I would say cucumber salad is the most popular vegetarian cold dish served both in restaurants and on family dining tables. It’s such an easy dish that even a child would be able to make it.
Did you make this?
Did you make this delicious Asian Cucumber Salad?
Please, I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located within recipe), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Asian Cucumber Salad
- 1 cucumber
Dressing step 1
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp raw sugar or white sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice freshly pressed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
Dressing step 2
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 dl chopped cilantro
- ⅓ tsp chili flakes more or less to your taste
- 1 green onions
- 1/2 dl chopped cashews
- Peel, slice and core the cucumber. Cut into cm thick slices.Slice the green onions thinly.
- Whisk together ingredients in step 1.
- Stir in ingredients step 2.
- Mix the dressing and green onions with the cucumber. Sprinkle with cashews or peanuts. Enjoy!Cuisine – The flavor enhancer!