This Asian Cucumber Salad is simple and refreshing, with a mild garlic flavor balanced with the perfect amount of salt, lime, sesame oil and rice vinegar. A perfect appetizer for any meal.
The key to making a great Asian cucumber salad lies in the dressing. My recipe is garlicky, spicy, savory, with just a touch of sweetness and tartness. The cucumber is crunchy so every bite is bursting with flavors.
You’ll only need a few basic ingredients to make this smashed cucumber salad. A great cucumber salad is all about balancing flavors: umami, salt, acid, and heat.
I would say cucumber salad is the most popular vegetarian cold dish served both in restaurants and on family dining tables. It’s such an easy dish that even a child would be able to make it.
Did you make this?
Did you make this delicious Asian Cucumber Salad?
Please, I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located within recipe), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Would love to see your picture of your dish: tag me on social @lembitlounge.
Also, you’re welcome to keep up with me on Instagram
Asian Cucumber Salad
- 1 cucumber
Dressing step 1
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp raw sugar or white sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice freshly pressed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
Dressing step 2
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 dl chopped cilantro
- ⅓ tsp chili flakes more or less to your taste
- 1 green onions
- 1/2 dl chopped cashews
- Peel, slice and core the cucumber. Cut into cm thick slices.Slice the green onions thinly.
- Whisk together ingredients in step 1.
- Stir in ingredients step 2.
- Mix the dressing and green onions with the cucumber. Sprinkle with cashews or peanuts. Enjoy!Cuisine – The flavor enhancer!
Very Delicious sallad :)