This The Best Creamy Coleslaw recipe is so good, it will top your “foods I want more” list.
It’s crunchy, it’s savory, it’s creamy, and it’s tangy and sweet. Seriously, who doesn’t love a traditional creamy coleslaw recipe?!
HOW TO MAKE PEACH COLESLAW
You won’t believe how easy it is.
This truly couldn’t be any easier to make, and the longer it sits, the more time the flavors have to combine. As a result, it’s a great make-ahead option as well.
- Combine the veggies. Mix the cabbage shreds and scallion slices in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until blended and smooth.
- Toss and chill. Combine the dressing, evenly, with the coleslaw mixture, then cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
The best homemade coleslaw is one that’s served shortly after making it. Just know that it will soften more as time passes. It won’t have that super crunchy texture, but I still really like it that way. Coleslaw leftovers awesome and a perfect in-between snack!
Did you know that red cabbage is actually the healthier cabbage? Don’t get me wrong, both red and green varieties are wonderful but red cabbage actually contains more vitamin A and iron than it’s green counterpart. Both cabbages colors help to promote a healthy gut.
Storing leftovers. Refrigerate and use within 3 to 5 days for best results. Be sure to keep the bowl tightly covered or transfer the Best Creamy Coleslaw to an airtight container instead.
Why not use the coleslaw as a delicious starter. Add a crispy bacon slice, and the crunch and saltiness will be a perfect combination. Sprinkle some fried dried onions and some greens and the dish is complete. Easy, quick and appreciated!
May I also suggest some other salads:
Super delicious salads, easy to make. None of them will disappoint either you or your table company:
Did you make this?
Did you make this fresh The Best Creamy Coleslaw? Please, tag me on social @lembitlounge and be sure to leave a comment and rate the recipe!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
The Best Creamy Coleslaw
- 1 dl mayonnaise
- 1.5 dl Sriracha mayonnaise optional, swap to plain mayo if chili is not for you
- 0.75 dl apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. salt plus more to taste
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 2 tsp. black pepper plus more to taste
- 600 g green cabbage finely shredded
- 300 g red cabbage finely shredded
- 5 dl scallions thinly sliced
- Prepare the ingredients. Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, dill, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Add shredded/sliced green cabbage, red cabbage, and scallions; toss to coat. Add additional salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving. Sprinkle some dill for decoration. Cuisine – Just Do It! Enjoy!