I love this Baked Risotto with Fennel Salami for its simplicity and combination of flavours. If you love minimalistic prep time and then watching the oven, then this is it. Super easy to make.
And there is nothing to complain regarding the creaminess, although traditionally cooked risotto could be a tad little more creamy.
This is absolutely delicious, and you can serve it for dinner with a simple salad on the side. Or, it can be served as a side dish alongside grilled or roasted meats.
Spice it up!
It’s optional but if you would like to spice the Risotto just a little bit, you can add a half teaspoon of my chili paste. Adds the right amount of heat.
What is Risotto?
What is Risotto? Well, risotto is a northern Italian rice dish cooked with broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. Risotto in Italy is normally a first course served before the main course.
Want to know more about Risotto and different variations? Follow the link to Wiki.
Tried the recipe?
If you made this Baked Risotto with Fennel Salami recipe, I would be very pleased if you tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #lembitlounge and leave a comment and rating below letting me know how you liked it!
Star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
Baked Risotto with Fennel Salami
- Oven proof saucepan with lid
- 2 shallot onions or a small yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 100 g heart cabbage
- 25 g butter
- 8 dl boiling water
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1 dl heavy cream
- 1 dl white wine dry Riesling or similar
- 4 dl Avorio rice alt. Arborio rice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 10-15 slices thin slices of salami with fennel about 100g
- ½ tsp chili paste optional, for some extra heat
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- fresh thyme
- olive oil
- Set the oven to 200 ° C.
- Peel onions and garlic. Thinly slice onion, garlic and heart cabbage. Fry onion, garlic and heart cabbage in the butter for about 2 minutes in a saucepan/cast iron pan with a lid that can withstand oven heat.
- Stir in the water, bouillon cubes, rice, cream, wine, salt and pepper. Cut the salami into stripes and lay them on topPut the lid on and set in the middle of the oven for about 30 minutes.
- When serving: Sprinkle with parmesan, garnish with thyme and drizzle with oil. Enjoy!Easy, Breezy, Beautiful Cuisine