Fantastic pork tenderloin with hot pepper sauce served with pasta and grilled vegetables.
The base of this recipe is the pepper sauce with two kinds of pepper – freshly ground black pepper and rose pepper with the additional superb flavors from the other ingredients including cognac. In fact, the alcohol brings incredible depth of flavor to the sauce, it’s the secret ingredient. Classic creamy peppercorn sauce is made with cognac or brandy.
The joy about this easy pepper sauce is that it literally takes no more than 20 minutes to make. I don’t add any flour/corn starch to the sauce and allow the sauce to reduce to thicken.
Especially good for a variety of dishes as steak, meat, chicken, steaks, minced meat steaks, grilled etc.
Why Do Some Onions Taste Bitter?
It’s because Onion can taste awful or bitter when diced and then are exposed to the air for a while. After about 30 minutes, it’s starting developing a strong bitter taste (oxidization). To avoid this bitterness, do cook them immediately. High heat should never be used to cook onions, because it causes bitterness as well.
Pork tenderloin with pepper sauce
- 600 g fillet of pork
- 240 g bacon sliced
- 3 shallots
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp coarsely crushed whole rose peppercorns
- 2 tsp coarsely crushed whole black peppercorns
- 3 dl cream
- 2 dl crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Japanese soy
- 1 tbsp calf broth concentrated
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- 1/2 dl cognac
- 4 portions your favorite pasta or available sort
- Start with crushing the pepper in a mortar or similar.
- Finely chop the shallots. Use a sauce pan and fry the shallots in butter until softened and slightly colored.
- Stir in all the ingredients to the sauce and taste. Let reduce (boil down) to the desired consistency. It took, for me, around 20-25 minutes
- Fry the bacon pretty crispy and let them drain on a paper towel
- Trim the pork fillets and then cut them into thin slices. Heat a frying pan or casserole with butter and brown the slices on both sides, so that they get a nice color. Put them aside and cut them to smaller bite chunks/strips
- Suggestion grilled vegetables. Green onions, and tomatoes
- Put in bacon and pork in the sauce pan and stir gently until warm. Put some pasta on the plate, top with the pepper sauce mixture. Garnish with some vegetables. I used above grilled veggies, cress and sugar snap peas. Serve immediately and Enjoy!Cuisine Just Feels Right