Stunning cod loin with air-dried ham and Galia melon sprinkled with roasted pumpkin seeds. With just few ingredients you can transform a simple fillet of cod into a mouth-watering, tender fish infused with a buttery-garlic flavor.
Although cod is an amazing source of lean protein, vitamins and minerals, it can taste pretty bland when cooked on its own. Coating it in garlic butter and wrapping it in air-dried ham stops it from drying out. Another key point is, it also adds more flavor to the fish.
The key to this recipe is choosing the best ingredients you can source.
Best of all? Suitable for both parties and everyday!
I prefer serve dishes like this with boiled potatoes (or mashed potatoes), it’s simple and fits this recipe perfectly. And even better, any remaining garlic butter, use it on the potatoes, so yummy!
Fish nerd? Well, find out more about cod.
Cod loin with air-dried ham
- 400 g Cod loin
- 4 pcs air-dried ham wide enough to cover the cod
- ½ melon Galia or similar
- 40 g arugula
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- ½ dl olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped thyme
- 100 g butter
- 4 garlic clove grated
- 4 baby carrots top trimmed
- salt & black pepper
- Gently roast the pumpkin seeds, in a pan, until golden. Set aside in a bowl and season with a little salt and olive oil.
- Melt the butter. Peel and grate the garlic. Mix together
- Season the fish with salt, pepper, thyme and roll the air-dried ham around. If needed, attached with a toothpick.Brush the fish with a little of the garlic butter and fry in a grill pan for about 3 minutes on each side.
- You can, of course, use a thermometer, when the fish has a core temperature of 52-55 C° degrees, it is ready
- Sear the baby carrots
- Rinse the arugula salad. Make small bits/chunks of melon and sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds.
- Serve immediately with a good bread and/or potatoes of choice. Enjoy!Cuisine is inspiration