Shiny, luxurious Cherry Jam Spiked with Chili is obvious for the cheese plate. Chili gives the jam a pleasant warmth without making it too hot. If you want, you can mash the cherries, but the most luxurious feeling gives real chunks. Jam sugar gives the jam a firmer consistency.
And as with many jams, they are so versatile. Serve as a condiment with toast, as a sandwich spread with smoked turkey, as a sauce for grilled or blackened chicken or pork chops, or as an appetizer topping with cheese and crackers as I’ve done here.
Clean thoroughly and/or sterilize the jars
If bacteria enter the jam, it can start to mold very quickly. Therefore, clean/sterilize the jars before filling them with the jam.
Then fill the jars all the way up with jam and close the lid while they are still hot, so a vacuum is formed. Avoid fingers both on the inside of the jars and in the jam.
Alternative marmalade for your cheese plate or sandwich, please try the Citrus, Ginger and Chili marmalade.
Cherry Jam Spiked with Chili
- 300 g Cherries
- 2 red chilies
- 2 Piri piri optional
- 3 dl Jam sugar
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- Prepare and clean the cherries. Chop them into quartz pieces and deseed.
- Finely chop the peppers, zest the lemon and squeeze the juice.
- Add all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil that does not stop boiling when stirred on high heat; stir constantly for about 10 minutes.
- Immediately ladle the jelly into the prepared jars and fill to the top. Wipe the rims of the jars and add the lids. Let them cool. When cooled make your own fabulous cheese platter with the jam and enjoy! Cuisine, where success is at home