Pair your main with this cheesy flavorful Cauliflower and Leek Gratin. Not only is it a great way to eat cauliflower, but it can either be a side dish or an excellent vegetarian main course. Lovely!
As I have grown older, cauliflower is one vegetable that I have actually grown to love. From simply frying it in some olive oil and seasoned with just salt, to this gratin, it is so versatile and delicious. Also, it’s a surprisingly easy dish to make.
My suggestion for main dish to pair with that works amazingly well is the chicken Tikka Masala.
Flavorful Cauliflower and Leek Gratin
- 500 g cauliflower bouquets
- 200 g leek sliced
- 4 garlic gloves chopped
- 1 tsp sambal oelek or 2 tsp for more spice
- 2 dl heavy cream
- 1 dl crème fraiche
- salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp curry Madras powder
- 1,5 dl cheese grated
- Set the oven to 225 C°
- Divide the cauliflower into bouquets and cook almost soft in lightly salted water, about 8-10 minutes. Put the cauliflower in an ovenproof dish.
- Rinse the leeks thoroughly, and cut into slices.Put them in a pan with butter and sear them a bit until light brown
- Pour on whipping cream, crème fraiche, garlic, curry powder and sambal oelek to the frying pan and cook for about 5 minutes.Pour the leek sauce over the cauliflower
- Cover with grated cheeseGratinate in the oven until the cheese has taken on color, about 10-15 minutes.
- Feel free to let the gratin rest for a few minutes before serving, Eat it as it is as a vegetarian dish, or serve it for example with salmon, chicken or grilled, but I thought it was very good as it is. Enjoy!Your Flexible Cuisine