This super lush and Creamy Mediterranean Red Pesto Chicken is perfect for busy weeknights. Everything ends up in a oven form and is done in under an hour. Including oven time.
This healthy recipe is LCHF friendly with low carbs and it’s very easy to make.
What I love most about this recipe is that you can make it fancy enough for when you’re hosting a dinner party. It’s flavorful, it’s effortless. A light, easygoing combination of classic Mediterranean flavors, including feta cheese and olives.
It’s probably one of the the best 50 minutes I’ve spent on making food.
Great for leftovers. This chicken tastes fantastic the next day when the flavors have had even more time to soak in.
And it’s freezer friendly as well.
If you try this Mediterranean Red Pesto Chicken recipe, please give a comment if you liked it or not.
And/or, why not try my other chicken recipes.
Mediterranean Red Pesto Chicken
- 4 chicken breast fillets about 1000g
- 4 tbsp butter to fry the chicken
- fresh grounded black pepper
- 140 g bacon fried crispy
- 5 dl heavy whipping cream
- 100 g red pesto
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Sambal Oelek optional but gives a pleasant heat to the dish
- 3 clove of garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ⅓ tbsp smoked pepper powder
- 10 cm leek slices
- 1 dl green olives pitted, i use chili olives
- 1 dl sundried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 150 g feta cheese diced
- 1 dl salted peanuts
- 1 pot basil for garnish
- Heat the oven to 200 °C/ 395 (°F) degrees
- Divide the chicken fillets into pieces. Season with pepper and fry in butter until nicely colored. Fry the in batches.Slice the bacon and fry them crispy.
- Start filling the oven form with the sliced leek. Fill up with the chicken
- Fill up the rest of the ingredients, bacon, olives, feta, peanuts and the sundried tomatoes.
- Mix the cream ingredients and stir them together. Pour the pesto cream into the oven form and cook in the oven until the surface has a nice color. 20-30 minutes is usually enough.
- Serve with a salad. I found it go very well with a mango slices to balance the spices. Life Should Taste As Good As Cuisine