Buttery Muffin Potato Stack with Parmesan made in a muffin tin. With edges that are crispy while the inside melts in your mouth.
So easy to make… so very delicious… so very addicting.
Do not peel the skin of the potatoes, just scrub them really well. After roasting, the skin becomes crispy. Slice the potatoes as thinly as possible. You can use a chef’s knife. Just try to slice as thinly as you possibly can.
These potatoes will give you a very good excuse to buy a mandoline. And if you’re using a mandoline, make sure to be very careful with the blade. As an extra precaution, I always wear cut-resistant gloves when I’m operating the mandoline. Sadly, from own experience.
This is a recipe for all the potato-loving cheese monsters out there. But anyway, two stacks is usually enough for each person.
And as the Muffin Potato Stack with Parmesan bake? The kitchen will smell incredible. Buttery, with hints of garlic and thyme in the air. Irresistible!
Not only do they make an excellent side, but you can totally pass them off as an appetizer, too. Who’s going to turn these cuties down? No-one!
Just love potatoes? Try out my other potato recipes.
Muffin Potato Stack with Parmesan
- Muffin tin
- 8 Potatoes King Edward / Russet or similar starchy ones
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese grates
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Thyme dried
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly grinded
- Preheat oven to 220 C°
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Rinse and scrub your potatoes. Slice each potato thinly and place into a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter, Parmesan cheese, and spices into the bowl.Toss the mixture gently to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Layer the potatoes into stacks and place them into the muffin cups. Sprinkle with more salt to taste.
- Bake potato stacks for about 45-60 minutes or until edges turn golden brown. Ensure the middle is tender before removing from oven. Let the stacks sit for about 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with some extra Parmesan cheese and salt flakes. Enjoy!Cuisine, any time of day