Minute Steak with yolk and horseradish, in fact, dual versions to make an utter flavor and visual impact. The minute steak, in itself, isn’t the most funny part in the kitchen as a dish but when combined with these tasteful add-ons, it becomes a favorite.
You can choose a classic where the raw egg yolk is allowed to rest on top of the meat in a small pit of grated horseradish. And the alternative shown, is candy-sweet caramelized onions layered on the steak. Both alternatives are fantastic.
It’s a super easy recipe, the steak will be ready within a minute. There will be additional time if going the the accessories, of course.
By the way, follow the link if you want to prepare the caramelized onions.
Actually, the dish can be enjoyed with a salad alone but I do suggest, as in the recipe picture, why not add the lovely smashed potatoes.
Beefy information: In Sweden we call this particular beef for “lövbiff” (very thin slice of beef). However, it’s not easy to find a direct translation but the closest is minute steak or round steak.
Minute Steak with yolk and horseradish
- Crack the eggs and separate the egg yolk from the white. Carefully pour the egg yolk into small bowls. Finely grate the horseradish and also pour it into small cups or glasses. Salt and pepper the steaks on both sides.
- Fry the stakes them in butter in a hot pan for about 1 minute per side.
- Alternative 1: Place the steaks on a hot plate. Place the horseradish on top of the meat. Make a plateau/pit in the horseradish and put the egg yolk in it,
- Alternative 2 with caramelized onions: Place the steaks on a hot plate, place the warm onion over the steak.
- Serve the steak on a plate with smashed or mashed potatoes and accessories/sallad. Cuisine: Food for the soul