This, beef tenderloin with vegetables, is a lovely, superb simple recipe, which really showcases the beautiful fresh flavours of different vegetables. Feel free to use whatever seasonal vegetables you have to hand if my suggestions isn’t’ at hand.
You don’t need to be an experienced cook to make a perfect beef tenderloin. Because, all you need is a meat thermometer. I myself use a leave-in probe and remote monitor so I know when the roast is done without even opening my oven.
Cooking times and temperatures may vary with method of preparation, size and shape and your desired degree of doneness
49 to 51 degrees C/120 to 125 degrees F
center is bright red, pinkish toward the exterior portion,
55 to 57 degrees C/130 to 135 degrees F
Center is very pink, slightly brown toward the exterior portion,
60 to 63 degrees C/140 to 145 degrees F
Center is light pink, outer portion is brown,
65 to 69 degrees C/150 to 155 degrees F
Mostly gray-brown throughout with a hint of pink in the center
And as you of course know, beef tenderloin is the most tender cut of beef and it is located within the loin. There is also very little fat within the tenderloin, making it a very lean cut. Because of all that, beef tenderloin is one of the most expensive cuts of beef.
Beef tenderloin with vegetables
- Cast Iron skillet
- 500 g beef tenderloin
- 2 tbsp. butter
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- ¼ cauliflower small pieces
- 1 bell pepper sliced and chopped
- 4 garlic gloves slices
- 5 cl cognac optional
- ½ cup olive oil
- Marinate the loin in a zip bag together with the cognac, for a couple of hours. Optional step, but will give a distinct umami taste. Tap dry with paper towel for seasoning,
- Coat the outside with salt and pepper and let sit at room temperature for a hour. This will help to cook the insides evenly. Make sure you are generous with the salt and pepper on the outside of the roast (more pepper than salt).
- Preheat oven to 150C°/300F°. In sauté pan, add butter and vegetable oil. Brown butter on medium high heat, add beef and sear until brown on all sides. If needed, since the beef tenderloin is a long piece of beef, I’ve cut it in two manageable roasts that can easily fit into my skillet Place on roasting rack and bake in preheated oven for 25-40 minutes or when internal temperature reads your desired doneness temperature. I usually take out the beef at 57-58C°. Let the beef rest covered in foil, about 10 min. Temperature will continue to rise while resting.
- Meanwhile, sauté the vegetables in olive oil until tender. Season with salt and pepper
- Cut the beef in serving slices and place on top of the vegetables.
- Drizzle some salt flakes over the meat and serve!Don't worry, Cuisine takes care.