Healthy LCHF juicy cheddar stuffed burgers (AKA Juicy Lucy) recipe for two. Take your ordinary burgers to the next level by stuffing them with cheddar for a gooey center, and topping them with crispy bacon, onion and a dollop of spicy burger sauce. All placed on a lettuce leaf served with fried haricot verts. No bun needed. Seriously the best grilled burgers you’ll ever make for yourself at home! Looks fantastic too.
How to Stuff a Burger
A stuffed burger may seem magical, but making one isn’t as difficult as you think. The trick here is to keep the same thickness of meat above and below the cheese. This will ensure even cooking and it will help keep the cheese inside the burger during cooking.
To form stuffed hamburgers, press your thumbs into the center of one of the balls and press down to form a depression. This is the space where you will place your stuffing, so make sure the walls are high enough to contain your cheese while still keeping a thick base. Once you fill the depression with your stuffing, pinch the meat together with your fingers to close the patty.
These are pretty monster sized burgers so I normally make a medium heat fire because they need a little time to cook. If you have a high heat you may sear the outside but the cheese may not melt too well and you can burn the tops/bottoms. These cheese stuffed cheeseburgers are easier to cook than normal burgers because the very center is cheese, not meat, so its harder to undercook the burger.
Difference between ground chuck and ground beef
If you are wondering about the difference between ground chuck and ground beef then check this description which goes deep into details. The fat level is important for the best taste of a burger. I’m using ground chuck and it’s perfect with is flavors.
Burger lovers have to taste this recipe!
Who does not love burgers? This is a gem among burger variants. If you tasted this Juicy Cheddar Stuffed Burgers recipe, I would be very pleased if you gave me a star rating!
Above all, star ratings are especially helpful because they help others find my recipes too.
If you are like me, all burgers are good, please try my absolutely gorgeous homemade smashed burgers. I’m having a hard time to choose a favorite.
Juicy Cheddar Stuffed Burgers
- 2 Frying pan
Mayo Burger Sauce
- 2½ tbsp sriracha mayonnaise
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- 400 g ground chuck or ground beef
- 100 g bacon
- 2 yellow onion sliced
- 100 g cheddar cheese grated
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4-6 lettuce leafs
- 1 tomato thin sliced
- ½ jalapeño thin slices
- 150 g haricots verts
- 2 tbsp butter
- flake salt To sprinkle when serving
- Gather the ingredients
- Start by making the Mayo sauce. Just blend together the mayo and tabasco and put aside.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Fry the bacon on both sides until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan but re-use the fat.Put the onion in the pan and fry until the onion has softened and is golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm together with the bacon.
- Season the burgers with salt and black pepper.To form stuffed hamburgers, press your thumbs into the center of one of the balls and press down to form a depression. This is the space where you will place your stuffing, so make sure the walls are high enough to contain your cheese while still keeping a thick base. Once you fill the depression with your stuffing, pinch the meat together with your fingers to close the patty. Make sure the cheese is well packaged.
- Put the burgers in the pan and fry for about three-four minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and the cheese inside has melted. Meanwhile they are frying, prepare the tomatoes, jalapeños and rinse and dry the lettuce leaves.
- Haricot verts: Heat a clean frying pan and add butter. Stir the beans in the butter and fry until they are colored on all sides.
- Assembly the burgers by placing lettuce leaves on each plate and top them with burgers, mayo sauce, tomato, bacon, onions and jalapeños.Add the haricot verts and sprinkle them with flake salt. Enjoy!Cuisine burgers – crazy ridiculously delicious!